Check Out The Average Holiday Budgets Of Several Michigan Cities
It's the time of year when get to go shopping for all of your friends and family and, in most cases, you also get to spend more money than you actually have.
WalletHub.com has put together a ranking of holiday budgets of people in over 500 cities in the United States and 16 Michigan cities appeared on that list. Most of the Michigan cities that made the list are in the metro Detroit area, but that's because they just ranked the most populous cities in the state.
Average Holiday Budgets In Michigan By City (Nationwide budget ranking)
- Rochester Hills - $2,059 (25th overall rank)
- Troy - $2,039 (26th overall rank)
- Livonia - $1,666 (37th overall rank)
- Farmington Hills - $1,476 (51st overall rank)
- Ann Arbor - $1,210 (84th overall rank)
- Sterling Heights - $1,074 (119th overall rank)
- Dearborn - $997 (135th overall rank)
- Southfield - $941 (154th overall rank)
- Warren - $918 (163rd overall rank)
- Westland - $834 (190th overall rank)
- Grand Rapids - $619 (349th overall rank)
- Wyoming - $617 (355th overall rank)
- Detroit - $524 (465th overall rank)
- Kalamazoo - $499 (483rd overall rank)
- Lansing - $455 (523rd overall rank)
- Flint - $443 (527th overall rank)
The methodology for WalletHub's list compared 570 cities across five key metrics: 1) Income, 2) Age, 3) Debt-to-Income Ratio, 4) Monthly Income-to-Monthly Expenses Ratio and 5) Savings-to-Monthly Expenses Ratio. You can read more about their methodology here.
What is your overall budget? Vote in our poll below.