6 Michigan Billionaires On List Of 400 Richest Americans
Totaling $26.3 Billion in combined worth, 6 Michigan residents made Forbes list of the 400 richest Americans. From plastics to pizza to supermarkets and more, Michigan's billionaires have a diverse portfolio of investments.
Surprisingly, no automotive billionaires made the list of the top 400, nor did any DeVos family members. It might have something to do with the fact that Forbes didn't include money that is invested in charitable organizations.
Here are the Michigan billionaires that did make the list:
- Hank & Doug Meijer, worth a combined $7.3B (Supermarkets)
- Daniel Gilbert, worth $7.1B (Michigan Quicken Loans)
- Ronda Stryker, worth $5.6B (Medical equipment)
- Marian Ilitch, worth $4B (Little Caesars)
- William Young, worth $2.3B (Plastics)
The top 5 richest Americans in the country are no surprise, but what is a surprise is that Jeff Bezos is now the richest person in America after an insane one-year gain of $78.5 billion. What!? How is that even possible? Here are the rest of the top 5:
- Jeff Bezos, $160B (Amazon)
- Bill Gates, worth $97B (Microsoft)
- Warren Buffet, worth $88.3B (Berkshire Hathaway)
- Mark Zuckerberg, worth $61B (Facebook)
- Larry Ellison, worth $58.4B (software)
You can check out the complete list at Forbes' The Definitive Ranking Of The Wealthiest Americans.