Toronto Zoo Asking You To Help Name Baby Polar Bear
We share a lot of random cuteness with you on RiverGrandRapids.com. Dogs, cats, ducks … if it’s an animal, we love it (mostly).
That carries to polar bears, too!
The Toronto Zoo is home to a baby polar bear. He’s finally old enough for the public to seem him on a regular basis and he needs a name! Zoo staff picked their top six names, and now YOU get to vote for your favorite!
- Humphrey: It means Peaceful Warrior. The name was derived from the Germanic elements hun, which means bear cub, and frid, which means peace.
- Orson: Latin for bear.
- James: In honor of James Bay. Another cub was named Hudson after Hudson’s Bay and is this cub’s brother.
- Lorek: Comes from the movie Golden Compass. Lorek comes from the word laurel, which is a symbol of victory.
- Searik: Inuit for beautiful.
- Stirling: Means genuine, high quality, and pure.
Vote for your favorite name choice HERE!