On Tap with Summer Craft Beer Festival 2014 [Photos]
John Ball Park was the venue and craft beers were the main course Saturday.
The fourth annual Summer Craft Beer Festival poured, played, entertained and fed hundreds from across Grand Rapids, West Michigan and beyond on a summery afternoon and early evening with sunshine and temperatures creeping into the low 80s.
Nearly four dozen breweries serving the sudsy goods from nearly 140 craft beers, ciders and mead were on tap. The festival was coordinated by 97.9 WGRD, Channel 95.7, Classic Hits 98.7 WFGR, 100.5 The River and 1410 AM The Touch.
An eight-judge panel selected the top brews before the festival tapped in. Chosen the best were:
- IPA: Midnight Hoppyness from Knee Deep Brewing Co., of Auburn, Calif.
- Stout: Powerline Porter from Latitude 42 Brewing Co., of Portage.
- Experimental: Funk Buddies from Pike 51 Brewing Co., of Hudsonville.
- Fruit Beers: Illusive Traveler from The Traveler Beer Co., of Burlington, Vt.
- Lagers: La Cerveza from Cheboygan Brewing Co., of Cheboygan.
- Pale Ales: Cold Break Pale Ale from Gravel Bottom Brewery, of Ada.
- Cask Aged: Mr. Mayhem from White Flame Brewing Co., of Hudsonville.
- Hard Cider: Red from Sietsema’s Orchards & Cider Mill, of Ada.
- Wheat: Railyard Raspberry Wheat from Mount Pleasant Brewing Co., of Mount Pleasant.
- Brown Ale: Murican Brown Rye from Unruly Brewing Co., of Muskegon.
Summer Craft Beer Festival’s corporate sponsors included Beer City Glass; Berlin Raceway; Coldbreak Brewing; Drink GR; Godwin Plumbing Services, Hardware, Heating & Cooling and Aqua Systems; The Intersection; Kodiak Construction; Manic Vapors; Mister-E-Liquid; and Tullymore Golf Resort.
Check out Summer Craft Beer Festival 2014’s images
(Photos: Rick Martinez/Townsquare Media Grand Rapids)