Frederik Meijer Gardens Voted No. 5 Best Botanical Garden in the U.S.
Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park is awesome for a lot of reasons--There are art and nature exhibits all year long, their Summer Concert Series brings great acts to town, and right now it's a great place to visit for those staying in Grand Rapids for Spring Break!
Well Frederik Meijer Gardens is being nationally recognized! The park nabbed the No. 5 spot in a "Best Botanical Garden" USA Today and 10Best readers' poll.
Of the Grand Rapids' attraction, USA Today and 10Best says:
The 125-acre Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park in Grand Rapids celebrated its 20th anniversary in 2015. The botanical and sculptural collections are divided among five themed indoor gardens, as well as several outdoor gardens, nature trails and a boardwalk. The five-floor Lena Meijer Tropical Conservatory is the largest tropical conservatory in the state."
Here are the rest of the Top 10:
- Longwood Gardens - Kennett Square, Penn.
- New York Botanical Garden - Bronx, N.Y.
- Missouri Botanical Garden - St. Louis
- Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden - Richmond, Va.
- Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park - Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens - Boothbay, Maine
- Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden - Dallas
- Chicago Botanic Garden - Glencoe, Ill.
- Cheekwood - Nashville
- Desert Botanical Garden - Phoenix