Best Summer Camps Near Grand Rapids
Summertime is a lot of fun in West Michigan.
One way to maximize that fun for kids is to take advantage of a great summer camp.
Check out our list of the best summer camps near Grand Rapids.
Swimming, camping, and horseback riding are just a few of the summer camp activities which are a ton of fun for kids.
Get out this year and enjoy summer at the best summer camps near Grand Rapids:
- Located in Manistee National Forest in Twin Lake, Michigan about 10 miles north of Muskegon.
- Offers programs in music, art, dance, and drama.
- Over 175 performances during their Summer Arts Festival.
- Ages: elementary school – high school.
- Focus is on teaching kids five ways of learning: be active, be given choices, collaborative work, a process of planning – doing – reviewing, and opportunities for leadership.
- Activities include: arts and crafts, biking, campfires, hiking, canoeing, ropes, sports, and swimming.
- Open since 1937.
- Goal is for participants to “have the opportunity to have a life changing experience in a loving, caring, authentic, Christian environment.”
- Ages 5 – 17 with a large variety of activities.
- Run by YMCA of Greater Grand Rapids on Barlow Lake in Middleville.
- Overnight and day camps.
- Bus transportation available.
- Theme weeks include: Harry Potter, splash, super heroes, Wild West, Percy Jackson, and more.
- Run through partnership of Boys & Girls Club of Grand Rapids and Grand Rapids Police Department.
- Many activities including: rock climbing, ropes course, swimming, fishing, biking, and more.
- Ages 6 – 14.
- Located in Rockford.
- 3-day, 5-day, 8-day camps. Trips to remote locations too.
- Ages 1st grade – recent high school graduates.
- Hands-on experience for kids ages 3 – entering 9th grade.
- Various activities include: making treats for animals, stories, songs, cleaning, and other behind-the-scenes activities.
Have a great summer!