ArtPrize 2012 Spotlight – Kids Guide
Bringing the kids downtown to ArtPrize for the day can be a lot fun, but you have to be prepared. Whether you are working around naps, school schedules, or any kind of busy schedule, time is limited.
Check out our ArtPrize Kids Guide and maximize your time downtown with the kids.
With 1,517 entries in ArtPrize, it will take some time to discover all of the great places to take kids. If you have a favorite, please let us know. Meanwhile, take a look at our list and have fun with the family at ArtPrize!
- Watch a painting elephant help kickoff ArtPrize on Wednesday, September 19 from 11:30am – 12:30pm at Van Andel Arena.
- Kids’ ArtFest 2012. Not an ArtPrize entry, but a celebration of art for kids that takes place during ArtPrize. Kids’ ArtFest 2012 is on Saturday, September 30th from Noon – 5:00pm at Veteran’s Park and Sheldon Street in front of the Grand Rapids Children’s Museum. There will be many opportunities for kids to be creative and enjoy performances including music, dance, and more. Learn more about Kids’ ArtFest 2012.
- Daily spray painting demo by Andy “Cosmo Joe” Watkins at The B.O.B. (weather permitting). The demos will take place at the top and the bottom of each hour beginning at 4:00pm. Learn more about Cosmo Joe.
- A life-size T-Rex is at the Gerald R. Ford Museum. My 4-year-old will be talking about this for days. See it and learn more about it here.
- Grkids.com has put together a walking tour of ArtPrize for kids. A good place to get some ideas.
Have fun at ArtPrize 2012!