15-Year-Old Makes History At The U.S. Open
Happened to catch this earlier today on TV and the on social media.
A girl from California became the youngest girl to win a US Open match in nearly 20 years. She won her set 6-1, 4-6, 6-4 over an opponent from Slovakia. Her name is Catherine “CiCi” Bellis.
A few tidbits about CiCi Bellis:
- She is the youngest player to win a US Open match since 1996 when Anna Kournikova played.
- She is the youngest player in the US Open
- This was her first ever game in the Women’s Tennis Association.
- She beat the 13th-ranked player in the world.
- Her victory was worth over $60,000 but she’s not keeping it.
- She loves the crowds and having people watch her play.
- Other than her instant fame in the tennis world, she’s a regular teenager.
Read the entire story about her at SportsMic.com.
And you can watch her play here: