Wealthy Street Farmer’s Market Opens May 19
The Wealthy Street Farmer’s Market is just another example of the “If you build it, they will come” principle. With all of the revitalization going on in the area, organizers would like to start a healthy tradition for “years to come”. The new Farmer’s market will open Thursday, May 19 in a parking lot adjacent to Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital, 431 Cass Ave. SE. The market will features fresh fruits, veggies, bread, coffee and dairy products. The Fulton Street Farmer’s market is less than a mile away, but is not open on Thursdays.
Sheryl Lozicki, director of nutrition at Saint Mary’s Health Care says that many local vendors have already committed to the market including:
• DogWood Farm of Byron Center.
• Westview Farms of Holland.
• Funny Farm Organics of Grant.
• Fat Blossom Farm of Allegan.
• Ed Dunneback & Girls Farm of Alpine Township.
• New Leaf Orchards of Kent City.
• Martin’s Sugarbush & Produce of Caledonia.
• Grand Rapids Coffee Roasters at Hall Street and Godfrey Avenue SW.
• Nyboer’s Greenhouse of Hamilton.
• Nantucket Baking Company of Grand Rapids.
Follow the Wealthy Street Farmer’s market on Facebook.