Trivia Fun with “Friday 5 The Hard Way”
Every Friday morning on Andy in the Morning we play "Friday 5 The Hard Way," five trivia questions that one listener must answer correctly to win prizes.
Here are the questions and answers used on today's show.
FRIDAY 5 THE HARD WAY
1. The first brand-name product ever to be featured on a cover of Time Magazine was displayed on May 15, 1950 (not as an advertisement). What consumable product, which sold for about 5¢ per unit, was it?
2. Former New York policeman Edward Mahoney dropped a few letters from his name and became a 1970's music star. Who is he?
3. Released in 1969, what was the title of the Beatles' last studio-recorded album?
4. Which walled city has been called the Cradle of New France, and the Gibraltar of (North) America ?
5. There are five pairs U.S. Presidents who share the same last name. What are they?
* John Adams (2nd) and John Quincy Adams (6th) -- father and son
* William Henry Harrison (9th) and Benjamin Harrison (23rd) -- grandfather and grandson
* Theodore Roosevelt (26th) and Franklin D Roosevelt (32nd) -- distant cousins
(FDR also married Teddy's niece Eleanor, also his cousin)
* George H. W. Bush (41st) and George W. Bush (43rd) -- father and son
* Andrew Johnson (17th) and Lyndon B. Johnson (36th) -- unrelated