Grand Rapids’ 10 Most Dangerous Intersections
Every year, the Michigan Auto Law auto accident attorneys release a list of the 10 most dangerous intersections in Grand Rapids. They compile data on the amount of accidents at intersections around the city, and use them to compile this telling list.
Wondering which intersections made the list this year? Well, here they are:
- 44th Street Southeast and Eastern Avenue Southeast, 53 car accidents
- 28th Street Southeast and Broadmoor Avenue Southeast, 52 car accidents
- East Beltline Avenue Southeast and Lake Eastbrook Bouldevard Southeast, 52 car accidents
- 28th Street Southeast and Breton Road Southeast, 51 car accidents
- 28th Street Southeast and Eastern Avenue Southeast, 48 car accidents
- 28th Street Southeast and South Division Avenue, 45 car accidents
- 44th Street Southeast and Breton Road Southeast, 44 car accidents
- Fuller Avenue Northeast and Michigan Street Northeast, 42 car accidents
- Fuller Avenue Northeast and Leonard Street Northeast, 41 car accidents
- 28th Street Southeast and Kalamazoo Avenue Southeast, 38 car accidents
If you were keeping track, you noticed that five out of the ten most dangerous intersections involve 28th Street in one way, shape, or form.
The total number of crashes comes from the Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting System, and is based upon the most recent crash statistics for 2013.