Rue 21 Closing Four West Michigan Stores
West Michigan is losing another retailer.
Fox 17 reports that the Rue 21 will close more than 400 stores nationwide.
In a post to the company's Facebook page on Saturday, they called the decision "difficult but necessary."
Earlier this month, Debtwire reported Rue 21 was struggling: "The fast fashion retailer is grappling with an earnings downturn amid a slew of negative comp store sales."
So which Rue 21 locations are closing in Michigan?
According to the company's website, these stores will close:
- Tanger Outlets in Byron Center
- Centerpointe Mall in Grand Rapids
- Riley Plaza in Holland
- Maple Hill Pavilion in Kalamazoo
These West Michigan locations will remain open:
- Rivertown Crossings in Grandville
- Green Ridge Square on Alpine Avenue
- The Lakes Mall in Muskegon
- The Crossroads Mall in Portage
- Lakeview Square Mall in Battle Creek
The company has not yet given a timeline for store closings.