Roads Closing for the Fifth Third River Bank Run May 13
The Fifth Third River Bank Run is Saturday morning, May 13.
Whether you’re running, watching, or completely oblivious and just trying to navigate downtown Grand Rapids, you’ll want to know which roads will be closed and when.
Friday, May 12 3:00 p.m.
- Ottawa from Michigan to Lyon
- Partial closure of Ottawa with one lane open for parking lot exit until 6:00 p.m.
- Ottawa will fully close to traffic at 6:00 p.m.
- West lane will be coned from Michigan to Government Parking Lot for access only until 8 p.m.
Friday, May 12 6:00 p.m.
- Lyon between Ionia and Monroe Avenue. Note: cars exiting onto Lyon from Ellis Parking Lot can only exit to the west towards Monroe Ave.
Saturday, May 13 3:30 a.m.
- Monroe Avenue and Lyon Street intersection closed
Saturday, May 13 4:30 a.m.
- Monroe Avenue between Michigan and Pearl
- Limited access to Grand Rapids Government parking lots until approximately 5:15 a.m. from Michigan Street
- Limited access through Pearl Street/Monroe Avenue intersection
- EB lanes of Bridge Street between Monroe and Scribner
- Ottawa from Pearl to Fulton
Saturday, May 13 5:30 a.m.
- Monroe Avenue between Pearl and Louis
- Monroe Center at Monroe
Saturday, May 13 6:00 a.m.
- Ottawa from Pearl to Fulton
- Pearl at Monroe Avenue
Saturday, May 13 6:45 a.m.
- All 5K course streets, including - Market to Cherry Street (See the course here.)
- US-131 at Pearl NB/SB ramps will be closed between approximately 6:45 a.m. and 9:30 am.
Saturday, May 13 7:25 a.m.
- All 10K course streets (See the course here.)
Saturday, May 13 7:45 a.m.
- WB Wilson Avenue between 28th and Butterworth (City of Grandville) both lanes closed – EB converted to EB/WB one lane in each direction
- Butterworth between Wilson and Veterans Memorial Drive (City of Walker)
Saturday, May 13 7:55 a.m.
- All downtown streets along the 25K course (See the course here.)
- Veterans Memorial Drive between Butterworth and Maynard (City of Walker)
- Maynard between Veterans Memorial Drive and Butterworth City of Walker)
Saturday, May 13 8:15 a.m.
- Butterworth between Maynard and Marion
- Remainder of 25K course streets will be closed approximately 15 minutes before the lead participant of each event approaches. (See the course here.)
Downtown streets that will remain closed until approximately 12 p.m.
- Pearl between Monroe Avenue and Ionia • Monroe Center between Monroe Avenue and Ionia
- Louis between Monroe Avenue and Ionia
- Fulton between Winter and Ottawa • Monroe Avenue between Michigan and Fulton
Note: Monroe Avenue between Pearl and Michigan will open at approximately 11 a.m. Traffic may be allowed when safe to do so as race equipment is removed.
Downtown streets that will remain closed until approximately 5 p.m.
- Ottawa between Michigan and Pearl
- Lyon between Monroe Avenue and Ionia
Projected Ramp Closings
- I-196 EB/WB off ramp to Market will be closed between approximately 8 a.m. and 9:15 a.m.
- US131 NB/SB off ramp to Market will be closed between approximately 8 a.m. and 9 a.m.
- US131 NB/SB off ramp to Pearl will be closed between approximately 6:45 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.