RECALL ALERT: Hummus Sold At Target, Trader Joe’s
Lansal, Inc. is recalling 10 different types of hummus and dip products due to possible Listeria contamination.
A total of 14,860 pounds of product is being recalled, including brands sold at Target and Trader Joe’s.
No illnesses have been reported as a result of this potential contamination.
According to a release from the FDA, the possible contamination was discovered during a routine test on Target Archer Farms Traditional Hummus by the Texas Department of Health.
Here are the items recalled that will effect West Michigan consumers:
- Target Archer Farms Traditional Hummus (10 oz.) with use by date June 11, 2014
- Target Archer Farms Traditional Hummus (2 lb.) (A non-retail item; the ingredient item is used in SuperTarget store production of 2 items, Archer Farms Mediterranean Veggie Hummus Wrap and Archer Farms Hummus Veggie Snacker) with use by date June 11, 2014
- Target Archer Farms Roasted Garlic with Roasted Garlic Tapenade (17 oz.) with use by dates June 9 and June 12, 2014.
- Target Archer Farms roasted Red Pepper With Roasted Red Pepper Topping (17 oz.) with use by date June 12, 2014
- Trader Joe’s 5 Layered Dip small (11.5 oz.) with use by date April 15, 2014
- Trader Joe’s 5 Layered Dip large (24 oz.) with use by date April 15, 2014
- Tryst Yellow Lentil Hummus with Sunflower Seeds & Apricots (10 oz.) with use by dates June 10 and June 12, 2014 AND the E time stamp
You can find more about this recall on the FDA’s website