Pure Michigan Holding Instagram Beach Photo Challenge
There is no better place to spend summer than on a beach in Michigan.
Pure Michigan is betting you have the photos to prove it with their Instagram Beach Photo Challenge.
Pure Michigan, the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality, and the Michigan Department of Natural Resources are asking people to share pictures of their favorite Michigan beaches on Instagram.
The goal of the 10-day Instagram challenge is to showcase the variety of beaches in Michigan, as well as the types of activities that travelers and residents can enjoy during a day at the beach.
Each day of the contest will feature a specific challenge or type of beach activity.
Enter by sharing photos that represent that day’s challenge and tagging @PureMichigan and using the hashtags #PureMichigan and #BeachChallenge on Instagram.
Here's the photo challenge schedule:
- June 20 – Favorite Beach to Catch a Sunrise or Sunset
- June 21 – Favorite Dog-Friendly Beach
- June 22 – Favorite State Park Beach
- June 23 – Favorite Beach to Fly a Kite
- June 24 – Favorite Beach for Watersports
- June 25 – Favorite Beach for Fishing from the Shore or Dock
- June 26 – Favorite Beach to Experience Clear Waters
- June 27 – Favorite Beach to Take a Long Walk
- June 28 – Favorite Beach to Hang Out with Family and Friends
- June 29 – Favorite Beach to Watch Fireworks
One daily winner will be chosen for each challenge topic. At the end of the challenge a grand prize photograph will be selected from all entries received.
Daily winners will be featured on the Pure Michigan Instagram account and receive a Personal Sun Care Kit. The grand prize winner will have his or her photo featured across Pure Michigan social channels and receive an “Ultimate Pure Michigan Beach Day” package that includes a beach towel, a fire pit, a tackle box, a cooler and a sun care kit among other prizes.
Looking forward to seeing some great pictures this month!