Parking At ArtPrize – ArtPrize Spotlight 2013
ArtPrize brings a lot of excitement to Grand Rapids!
ArtPrize also brings a lot of cars.
Read our guide to parking at ArtPrize 2013.
It doesn't really matter which day of the week you visit ArtPrize, getting through traffic and finding parking can be a chore.
Weekends bring a lot of ArtPrize visitors. This year, opening weekend crowds will also include visitors to the circus at Van Andel Arena.
Weekends are usually the busiest, but weekdays are still very busy too. Bad weather can limit visitors, but still expect to find a crowd.
WHERE TO PARK?
- Most meters run until 6:00pm, Monday - Friday. Some meters run later. Most meters are free on Saturday. All meters are free on Sunday.
- Register at parkmobile.com, then you won't have to worry about having change.
- Some lots are free on evenings and weekends, while others still charge. Get rate and time info on the lots in downtown Grand Rapids.
- View extended ArtPrize bus routes.
- Get a wristband good for unlimited rides on DASH and Rapid busses during ArtPrize at area Meijer stores, The HUB, or any ArtPrize Exhibition Center.
- Grand-rapids.mi.us says, "Bike racks are located throughout the City. Racks are on the street and in parking ramps and surface parking lots. Bike racks are prevalent around GRCC, Ferris/Kendall, WMU, Cooley, Douglas J. Aveda, GVSU, and our numerous museums."
DON'T PARK DOWNTOWN
- Park further out of town, free of charge, then walk in.
- The busiest ArtPrize venues are downtown, but there are many other venues worth exploring. Venues further out of town still feature great art, but have smaller crowds and more nearby parking.