Nutella Treats in Grand Rapids: Deep-Fried, Cupcakes, Pizza, More
It's World Nutella Day! Help your sweet tooth celebrate in Grand Rapids!
People have a passion for Nutella. Some have too much passion. This was on display in France last month as the country's passion for Nutella led to "riots" and a government investigation after stores discounted the hazelnut cocoa spread by 70 percent. BBC reports:
Police were called when people began fighting and pushing one another.
"They are like animals. A woman had her hair pulled, an elderly lady took a box on her head, another had a bloody hand," one customer told French media.
Last summer, in Germany, 22 tons of chocolate and Nutella were stolen.
Let's try to keep things civil as we celebrate this make-believe holiday in West Michigan.
Some will celebrate World Nutella Day with Nutella art and Nutella photos. Let's be real. Nobody cares about your Nutella painting. Save it for ArtPrize and the critics will hate you while pedestrians ask long it took you to paint. For now, we just want to eat Nutella. Luckily, Grand Rapids offers many places to get your Nutella fix.
- Herb & Fire Pizzeria at 2121 Celebration Dr. NE has "golden brown pastries filled with Nutella mousse, finished with powdered sugar."
- Brown Butter Creperie and Café at 1436 Wealthy offers The France Crepe featuring Nutella, strawberries, bananas, and whipped cream.
- The Salted Cupcake at 2481 32nd St. SE has a Nutella Cookie Butter cupcake. It has "brown sugar cake filled with Nutella fudge sauce, topped with cookie butter and Nutella buttercreams and an oatmeal cookie sandwich."
- PJ's Pizza at 3826 52nd St. in Kentwood offers Nutella Poppers, deep-fried golden brown pastries filled with Nutella and dusted with powdered sugar. They serve it with a two-ounce cup of Nutella for dipping. They also offer Nutella Knots which feature Nutella twisted into their knotty bread.
- Fratelli's Pizza at 435 Bridge St. NW recently added a Nutella pizza to their menu.
You can also find some places around West Michigan with Nutella shakes.
Still not enough Nutella? Take a road trip to Chicago to check out the Nutella cafe that opened last year. It's the first of its kind in the country.