Meijer Gardens Hosting Santa, Reindeer, Winter Walks, More
Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park has announced several events planned as part of their annual Christmas and Holiday Traditions Around the World exhibition.
The experience of visiting Meijer Gardens changes with the season and it never disappoints. You can enjoy butterflies in the spring, concerts in the summer and a variety of Christmas activities as winter arrives.
Christmas and Holiday Traditions Around the World will be on display at Meijer Gardens Nov. 21 through Jan. 7, 2018. The exhibit will include 42 Christmas and holiday trees and displays representing countries and cultures from around the world.
The exhibit also includes the Railway Garden with model trolleys, trains and handcrafted buildings replicating 30 Grand Rapids landmarks. Five Grand Rapids sister cities from around the world are also represented in the Railway Garden.
Activities planned during the exhibition include:
- Extended Holiday Hours: Open until 9pm on Dec. 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 26, 27, 28, 29 and 30. Closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
- The Original Dickens Carolers: Tuesdays: Nov. 21 and 28, Dec. 5, 12, 19, 6pm - 8pm.
- Santa Visits: Tuesdays: Nov. 21 and 28, Dec. 5, 12, 19, 5pm - 8pm.
- Rooftop Reindeer: Saturdays: Nov. 25, Dec. 2, 9, 16, 23, 1pm - 4pm.
- Christmas Cabaret Gala: Thursday, Dec. 7, 6pm. RSVP required.
- Winter-Time Walks: (Nov. 21 - Jan. 6). Walk through the Children’s Garden and gather in the log cabin to learn about winter with stories, kid-friendly conversation and finger plays. Tuesdays 10:15am and 11:15am, Saturdays 11:15am.
- Christmas and holiday-themed classes.