Looking For A Job? Here’s Where To Go!
Hopefully, the Michigan job market is improving. Although slowly, there finally are companies looking to hire. You may have a bit of a drive to get there, but it's worth a shot. Here are some locations taking applications. Good Luck!
- Job seekers are gathering on Tuesday, July 26 for Hot Shots: Career Connections at Melange, 314 S. Main Ann Arbor, from 5 to 7 p.m. Bring your resume and mingle with growing, innovative companies in a fun environment. This event is only for job seekers. Recruiters and staffing companies aren't welcome. Companies planning to be there include: CreateMyTee.com, POLY, Ultra Electronics, Adaptive Materials, Inc., General Electric Company, Mandy and Pandy, and Ann Arbor SPARK.
- Staffing Inc. will be on site at Ottawa County Michigan Works!, 121 Clover St., Holland, on July 27 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Staffing Inc. will be conducting interviews for two area companies: Stone Plastics and Uniform Color Co. Positions are available for machine operators, maintenance technicians and people to work in shipping and receiving. Machine Operators, Maintenance Technicians, and Shipping/Receiving. There are 17 open positions and pay ranges from $9 - $10 per hour. Applicants are asked to bring an updated resume.
- Detroit Hires will hold a Detroit Career Fair on July 28 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Holiday Inn Southgate, 17201 Northline Road, Southgate. Register here for a copy of the employer list.
- FasTemps is currently will be interviewing qualified job seekers who are interested in production, sorting and recycling at the Washtenaw County office of Michigan Works, 301 W. Michigan Ave., Ypsilanti, on July 28 from 1 to 3 p.m. For more information, call 734.544.2952.
- JobFairGiant.com is sponsoring a Mega Career Fair on July 28 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Holiday Inn Hotel, 37529 Grand River Ave., Farmington Hills. The event will be held in partnership MichiganInternJobs.com, and MichiganHealthcareJobs.com. There will be an unemployment agency representative on-site as well as advice on building a good resume. Employers that want to participate can call 734.956.4550.