LaughFest Individual Tickets On Sale Today
The excitement is mounting. LaughFest 2014 is but 9 weeks away. Ticket packages and group sales have been going on for the past several weeks, and now Individual tickets for Gilda’s LaughFest will go on sale today, Friday, January 10 at 10 a.m.
Tickets can be purchased online at www.ticketmaster.com (search LaughFest), at the Van Andel Box Office, or at Ticketmaster outlets through closing day of the LaughFest, which runs from March 6 through March 16. Tickets will also be available starting February 17 at LaughFest Central in the Grand Rapids Art Museum (GRAM).
Ticket prices range from $7 for family-friendly events, such as the Super Saturday Kids Zone, to $60, excluding the Signature Event. Individual tickets are available for $250 to attend Gilda’s Club Grand Rapids’ annual fundraising dinner event featuring headliner Jay Leno.
Full tables for 10 guests can be purchased for the annual fundraiser starting at $2,500 by calling Gilda’s LaughFest headquarters at 616-735-4242.
LaughFest also announced several shows being added to this year’s lineup, including:
• Colin Kane and Brad Williams: Kane, a New York native, has been performing what he calls “the comedy smack-down” around the country since 2002. Williams’ performance points out humorous observations of individuals shortcomings and proves anyone can overcome everyday obstacles such as disability, relationships, sex and race.
• The Diversity Show: Comedians of different races perform and challenge stereotypes to the audience. Full lineup of comics performing in the Diversity Show can be found at www.laughfestgr.org.
• Pop Scholars: Grand Rapids area performers, Mike Ryskamp, Matt Sterenberg, Dave Lyzenga and Andy Allen, make up a fast paced, four man improvisational comedy group that regularly plays sold out shows.
• Out of the Box: Grand Rapids native and comedian Hen Sapp, with special guests Chinnta Morris and Rod Alanson, will take the stage offering a variety of comedic skits, including music and other surprises.
• Creativity Uncorked, LaughFest Edition: Individuals attending this event will go through the Grand Rapids Art Museum’s galleries on a fast paced creative mission to be inspired to create works of art in GRAM’s studio. A cash bar will be available to individuals participating in the event, which is designed to create an evening of wonder, fun and laughter.
• UICA Ping Pong: The Urban Institute for Contemporary Arts will host ping pong for LaughFest guests, drop in players and anyone who wants to participate in a tournament.
Additionally, due to high demands and sell outs, LaughFest has added shows for the following:
• River City Improv: This show weaves skits, games and songs with audience suggestions to create a unique entertainment experience for each performance.
• Clean Comedy Showcase I & II: Four comedians will bring laughs without vulgarity to each showcase in a battle for the audience’s vote.
• LaughFest’s Best: Checkout LaughFest’s Best to get a little sampling of comedians from across the festival.
There are no tickets available to the National Stand Up Showcase I & II on March 15 and 16. The River City Improv show on March 15 is sold out, but seats are available to the additional show added. The Clean Comedy showcase has no tickets available for the 7 p.m. or 9:30 pm shows on March 7 and 8, but seats will be available at the newly added shows.
Proceeds from the festival will go to support the free cancer, grief and emotional health programs offered through Gilda’s Club Grand Rapids. Visit www.laughfestgr.org or call 616-735-HAHA (4242) to learn more about Gilda’s LaughFest.