Kids take the stage at LaughFest for Kids Joke Night
A bunch of kids telling jokes at LaughFest!
Thursday night was Kids Joke Night at LaughFest in Grand Rapids.
Kids Joke Night drew a crowd to Grand Rapids Public Library, as brave kids grabbed the microphone and shared dozens of jokes.
Comedian Alan Trieu hosted and performances by Mr. Picklehead entertained the crowd throughout the night. This was the pair's third year hosting and performing at the event together.
Kids were introduced by their first name, age, and what they want to be when they grow up.
Some of the ideas the kids had for what they would like to be when they grow up include: monster truck driver, construction worker, dad, princess, police officer, librarian, car, butterfly, lion (the animal, not a football player), and more.
Children from preschool through 5th grade took the stage. The youngest performers were 3 years old.
Jokes covered a variety of topics and featured classics and some new ones.
Here's a few highlights:
- Knock! Knock! - Who's there? - Nun. - Nun who? - Nun of your business!
- What is the end of everything? - The letter G.
- What's a pirates favorite subject? - Arrrrrt!
- How does Darth Vader like his toast? - On the dark side! (and more Star Wars jokes!)
- Where do cows go on Friday night? - To the moooovies! (lots of cow jokes!)
- Knock! Knock! - Who's there? - Smell mop. - Smell mop who? - You just said "smell my poo"!
So many highlights! It's hard to pick just one, unless you are one of the kid performers.
When host, Alan Trieu, announced that there was cookies for all the kids, there was an audible buzz from the young jokesters. At least one performer announced the cookies were her "favorite part".
Once again, Kids Joke Night proves to be a highlight of LaughFest.