GRCC’s Culinary School Named Among Top 20 in Country
Grand Rapids Community College’s Secchia Institute for Culinary Education has been named one of America’s Top 20 Culinary Schools by FSR magazine.
GRCC’s Secchia Institute was founded in 1980.
The institute offers a Culinary Arts Degree and certificates for Baking & Pastry and for Personal Chef.
FSR’s list was created by comparing schools over a variety of criteria including:
- Combining classroom theory with hands-on work.
- Having well-equipped classrooms and labs.
- Providing off-campus internships and externships.
- Reaching out to off-campus culinary professionals.
- Having small class sizes and accessible instructors.
GRCC Secchia Institute for Culinary Education Program Director Dan Gendler noted the tough competition:
Of the 20 schools listed in the article, most are the large, well-known private schools, such as Le Cordon Bleu, Johnson and Wales, or CIA that have tuitions two to four times that of Secchia Institute. All of our GRCC faculty and staff put so much effort into helping our students achieve, so it’s nice to be noticed on the national stage for our work.