Grand Rapids Cosplay Artist to Compete on ‘Big Brother 19′
CBS has announced the list of Houseguests for Season 19 of Big Brother.
21-year-old Ramses Soto of Grand Rapids has made the cut!
Soto is a cosplay artist who also does sewing for local photographers and models. Here are some more things we learned about Soto from his Big Brother biography:
- Describes himself as a "superfan" of Big Brother.
- Calls Dan Gheesling his favorite former Houseguest.
- Hopes to bring his kangaroo onesie pajamas into the house because they are comfortable and have a convenient pouch in the front. See it here.
- He grew up in the Dominican Republic.
- Recently came out as gay to his older brother.
- Plans to rely on his social game until revealing his strength at competitions towards the end of the game.
- Says he "will also have a very strong ally. This person will be the second-strongest physical player on my side. That way, they'll be a bigger target than me."
Generally speaking, Soto seems to have some good ideas on how to approach the game. Strong, secret allies. Don't win too many competitions. Keep big targets close. All good ideas, but all ideas that need to remain flexible.
Not trying to win a competition until the final four, as Soto has suggested, could be a recipe for going home. Or worse, being labeled as a "floater." If Soto is as good socially and in competitions as he suggests, he could do pretty well if he remains flexible.
In fact, if history serves him, he could be very competitive. Michigan residents have a history of doing well when they get a chance to compete on Big Brother.
24-year-old Nicole Franzel, a Saginaw Valley State University graduate from Ubly, Mich., finished seventh in Big Brother 16 before getting another chance on the show and winning Big Brother 18.
33-year-old Dan Gheesling is from Dearborn, Mich. and lives in West Bloomfield, Mich. Gheesling has appeared on Big Brother twice, winning Big Brother 10 and finishing as runner-up in Big Brother 14.
Gheesling is considered by many to be the best to ever play the game. Will Kirby, winner of BB2 and fourth place in BB7, and Derrick LeVasseur, winner of BB16, are the only other players who should be considered for this unofficial title.
Good luck to Ramses Soto on Big Brother 19!
Big Brother 19 will air on CBS beginning with a two-night premiere on Wednesday, June 28 from 8pm - 10pm and Thursday, June 29 from 9pm - 10pm.
16 Houseguests will start the season and the winner will take home $500,000.