GM Issues Recall For Power Steering
Today, GM announced a recall of approximately 1.3 million vehicles over concerns that power steering assist could be lost suddenly.
The recall includes:
- Chevy Malibu: 2004, 2005 and certain 2006, 2008 and 2009.
- Chevy Malibu Maxx: 2004, 2005 and certain 2006.
- Chevy HHR: 2009 and 2010 (non-turbo)
- Chevy Cobalt: 2010
- Saturn Aura: 2008 and 2009
- Saturn Ion: 2004 to 2007
- Pontiac G6: 2005 and certain 2006, 2008 and 2009.
The recall also covers service parts that may have been replaced under a previous recall (parts installed before 5/31/2010).
GM will replace the power steering motor, steering column, power steering motor control unit or a combination of each.
Read in-depth information HERE.