Friday 5 The Hard Way
Here’s our Friday 5 the Hard Way game for today, Friday, December 9, 2011. Five tough questions. See how you do.
FRIDAY 5 THE HARD WAY
- Joe drank 1/3 of a glass of milk in one swallow, then drank 4/5 of the remaining milk in another swallow. What fraction of the original milk was left?
2. Name the largest city in population in each of these countries: a. Brazil – b. Morocco c. India
a. SAO PAOLO b. CASABLANCA – 2.6 M c. CALCUTTA
3. As a 7-year old child, he was invited to play violin at New York’s Carnegie Hall. He grew up to become one of the world’s great violin virtuosos, and he died in 1999. Who was he?
4. Can you use some of the letters ABCDEF, but not use any letter more than once, to form a five-letter word?
5. Before this young man reached his twentieth birthday in 1960, he had more than fifteen musical hits on the Billboard Top 20 charts. Who was he?