Friday 5 The Hard Way
It's trivia Friday with "Friday 5 The Hard Way." Five questions that a listener must get correct to win the prizes.
Here are today's questions and answers.
FRIDAY 5 THE HARD WAY
1. When blood is first pumped out of the human heart, it first enters a certain organ, then it returns to the heart a second time before continuing its trip through the body. Which organ is this?
LUNG... where the blood receives fresh oxygen
2. What planet is named for the most powerful of the Roman gods?
3. When the sun enters the sign of the zodiac, Capricorn, which season begins?
4. This word can refer to the wife, mother, daughter, sister, or mistress of a Moslem ruler; it can also refer to a small yellow raisin. What's the word?
5. About 100 years ago, this French microbiologist developed the "germ theory" of disease which proposed that diseases are spread by living germs, or bacteria. He also found ways to stop wine and beer from becoming infected. Who was he?