Friday 5 The Hard Way
Here are the questions used on today’s show. Enjoy, and see how many you know.
FRIDAY 5 THE HARD WAY
- This is the name of a small kind of songbird and also the last name of the architect of many of the churches of London, including St. Paul’s Cathedral. What is it?
2. What sporting event is named for a fifth century B.C. military battle in which the Greeks defeated a much larger Persian army, and sent a messenger who collapsed and died upon delivering his message?
MARATHON (The distance of the modern marathon foot race is based on this legend.)
3. Name three films with one word titles, and beginning with the same letter of the alphabet, which starred the actress Cher?
MASK / MERMAIDS / MOONSTRUCK
4. This former first lady is remembered for her calmness in the face of the British invasion of Washington, D.C. in the War of 1812. When the British burned the White House in 1814 she saved many documents, including a portrait of George Washington by Gilber.
5. When in 1870-1900, American inventor Ives McGaffey and British inventor Hubert Cecil Booth turned an air pump backwards and attached an electric motor, they created a machine called an aspirator. Today virtually every home owns one. What is it.
VACUUM CLEANER (Wm. Hoover first mass-produced light models)