Friday 5 The Hard Way
Here are the question I used on "Friday 5 The Hard Way" this morning. Enjoy!
FRIDAY 5 THE HARD WAY
- Most people think these large objects originated in Holland, but actually they began in Persia around 650 A.D. What are they?
2. In the ancient Mediterranean world there was no soap. An item normally found in the kitchen was also used for washing the body. What was it?
3. Verbs come in two voices. What are they?
ACTIVE (we ate the cake) / PASSIVE (the cake was eaten)
4. What was the first state to enter the union after the original thirteen?
5. In the 1850's, this escaped slave made 19 secretive trips to the South, and led more than 300 slaves to freedom on the Underground Railroad, despite a bounty of $40,000 on her head. She was never caught. What was her name?