When Does Swing Dancing Return to Rosa Parks Circle?
It’s official! Grab your skirts that swirl, or not, because it’s another season of Swing Dancing at Rosa Parks Circle. The Grand Rapids Original Swing Society has announced their return for the 2012 season. Sometimes they can pull numbers in the hundreds that show up to swing, not be be confused with the other swinging. This fun is done with all of your clothes on! The society will be hosting 25 events at Rosa Parks Circle starting on April 3rd! If you need lessons don’t sweat it, they begin at 7 o’clock and last about 20-30 minutes. The suggested donation is $5. It’s said to be the “largest dance event in the country.”
Some of the Top Swings Songs you might be dancing to may include:
- Ella Fitzgerald, A Tisket, A Taskit
- Elvis Presley, All Shook Up
- The Andrew Sisters, Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy
- Glenn Miller, Chatanooga Choo Choo
- Fred Astaire, Cheek To Cheek
- Nat King Cole, Get Your Kicks On Route 66
- Glenn Miller, In The Mood (one of my favorites!)
- Count Basie, Jumpin At The Woodside
- Louie Armstrong, Mack The Knife
- Stray Cats, Rock This Town
- Or, Bill Haley and The Comets, Rock Around The Clock
Sound like fun? Get started with more info at The Grand Rapids Original Swing Society website!