ArtPrize 2013 Made Big Economic Impact
Think of fall in Grand Rapids and ArtPrize quickly comes to mind.
ArtPrize has brought hundreds of thousands of visitors to downtown Grand Rapids and those visitors spent millions of dollars in 2013.
Anderson Economic Group released their report on the economic impact of ArtPrize 2013.
The study shows:
- The average ArtPrize spectator spent $30 per day that they otherwise would not have spent in Grand Rapids totaling about $11 million.
- Media and artists spent an average of $225 per day totaling about $470,000.
- ArtPrize created 237 new jobs and $5.7 million in new earnings.
- Total economic impact was over $22 million.
- Total economic impact in 2011 was estimated at $15.4 million.
We’ve come a long way since restaurants were running out of food at the first ArtPrize in 2009.
Already looking forward to ArtPrize 2014.